Terms & conditions of Business
Definitions: Where The term “We” appears below, it refers to & means “PC Wizards Onsite.”
1. Full payment is required on the completion of work, (by cash or debit card where possible). Prior agreement will have been made at booking stage. We "pass-on" costs for credit card transactions to the customer, (currently @ 3 % for credit cards).
2. There is a minimum charge of one-hour (quoted at the time of booking) for all visits and subsequent time is then charged half hourly.
3. Customers accept that no refund can be made for the repairs that cannot be done, due to conditions beyond our control. A £20 charge will be levied to an unpaid bill if a card/cheque is ‘stopped' or ‘bounced'. Application to the Courts for full debt recovery will follow.
4. We do not operate a ‘no-fix-no-fee' policy, however we aim to provide the service within a ‘reasonable' period of time. Customers must accept that our charges are time-driven and the service represents the opinion of a professional. For certain repairs, (particularly when dealing with intermittent faults), extra time may be needed to achieve results. Test outcome can only signify the status of components at the time of testing. If we advise further testing to reach conclusive results and customers do not wish to go over the initial one hour-charge, we regret that refunds cannot be made when time has limited our overall performance.
5. Customers are responsible for providing Internet account details, passwords, dial up numbers, licence keys and any other relevant information when we are installing programs on their behalf. Also it is the customers' responsibility to provide ‘licensed software' and device drivers for all repairs. If proof of ownership is in question, we may be unable to complete a repair, although our minimum charge will still apply.
6. We cannot be responsible for the performance and integrity of any third party software and/or services including Internet providers, although our charges will still be applicable for the work undertaken.
7. PC Wizards Onsite under no circumstances will be held responsible for any lost or corrupt data during or after a visit. Customers should have back-ups and accept the risk of data corruption or loss, before, during or after an installation by an engineer. (Please note that only data specified on our invoice will be saved upon request from the customer, provided it is not corrupt).
8. If the customer wishes to stop work before completion due to any reason to include time or cost (& to "carry over" on their own, the work from the engineer without him being present) the customer does so at his/her own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any subsequent issues and any remedial work will be charged at the normal rate.
9. Upon completion of work, customers are asked to agree that the work has been done to their satisfaction, please ensure at this point that you have good understanding of the process of what we have done during the visit. If a complaint is made where remedial work is still required, please call us immediately. We will arrange for a call and/or an appointment for an engineer to ‘assess' the work originally undertaken. If the problem is beyond our control, caused by the customer or a third party or is not proven to be caused by poor workmanship, charges will be made at the normal rate per hour or part thereof for remedial work to be carried out on your behalf.
10. We recommend specific software products to clean & prevent MALWARE infections (malicious program to include viruses, spy ware and adware). It is the customer's responsibility to protect their PC from security threats immediately after our visit and continue to update software as/when required. Failure to ensure total protection may result in subsequent re-infections and we will not accept responsibility for any recurrences after a visit.
11. If you cancel an order for a new PC after it has been installed, we will levy a £50 administration charge to include collection from your premises, inspection and re-packaging of the goods (please ensure that you keep the original boxes). Refunds will only be made upon receipt of goods and once they are fully checked. Please note that if customers have received an offer whereby the initial one-hour charge was waived, this 1 hour labour charge will be re-charged along with the £50 administration charge.
12. Upon request, we will dispose of any unwanted PC components free of charge. We regret however that once removed, items will be disposed of immediately and cannot be returned under any circumstances.
13. For quality and training purposes we may record all telephone calls.
14. We will provide one-year guarantee for parts purchased from us, (please provide proof of purchase). However, if after diagnosis the engineer considers the part we supplied to you not to be faulty, you will be charged a minimum fee of 1 hour for our visit.
15. We do not cover damage to disk surfaces, CD/DVD-Rom/Writer drawer mechanisms caused by the customer, damage to floppy drives/CD/DVD Rom drives by the insertion of foreign objects, or damage caused to printer and modem connection leads. We will only guarantee modem/ISDN/broadband/external devices if high voltage surge protectors have been used. Also normal tear & wear, abuse of the items and operating the device beyond the normal specifications is not covered.
16. We will only setup the relevant device driver when replacing a component under guarantee, any additional work to install other third party programs or utilities etc. will be charged at the normal hourly rate. For replacements of hard drives under guarantee, we will restrict our free labour to include installation of the previous operating system and device drivers only, (excluding any extra programs, external devices or peripherals). Any additional labour will be charged at the current standard rate.
17. We do not guarantee our labour, but in the event of a complaint we aim to resolve disputes fairly, please refer to term 9 for more information.